Opportunity for £25,000 with a deadline on 25 September 2017
ON OFFER: Multiple £25,000 ISCF Industrial Biotechnology Seeding Catalyst “Proof of Concept” awards for Industry-Academia engagement to exploit metalloenzymes and underpinning Metals in Biology expertise, in the following aspects of Industrial Biotechnology:
1. Fine and speciality chemicals and natural products (e.g. fragrances, flavours, pharmaceutical intermediates)
2. Commodity, platform and intermediate chemicals and materials (e.g. plastics and textiles)
3. Liquid and gaseous biofuels
4. Peptides and proteins (e.g. enzymes, antibiotics, recombinant biologics)
and/or novel or improved upstream or downstream processes to reduce costs or improve efficiency.
Industry support can be anything from financial, in-kind contributions, intellectual input, letters of support etc. There is no obligation for any of these but they are encouraged.
● Projects must have an obvious connection to Metals in Biology and Industrial Biotechnology (see above list)
● Projects should start as soon as possible and be spent by 28 February 2018
● Projects are funded at 100% fEC and will cover direct costs only
● Purchase of small pieces of equipment, up to £10K in value, is eligible under the PoC awards. This must be for use within the project and be fully justified.
● All applicants must be members of the Metals in Biology Network
● Funding decisions will be conveyed by early to mid-October
1. Read the guidelines
2. Complete an application form
3. Complete Annex B (if applicable)
4. Complete a membership form(s) (if applicable)
5. Submit completed forms to: firstname.lastname@example.org by noon 25 September 2017
Funded PoC projects can be viewed here
Funded BIV projects can be viewed here
Outcomes of completed PoC projects, BIV projects, case studies and articles: